Home Website Youtube GitHub

Skinning bug during custom steps building

I am new in mgear and during the creation of my facial rig, i try to follow mgear tutorial and during my try, i wanted to change my mouth _slide skinning. When i change it, i export it at the same place of the previous to make it work during the build. But ! when i build again, i have this problem on my mesh. This problem is appeared on proportions and mouth_slide mesh, i conclude the problem come from my mouth_slide skinning. But, at the end, i don’t find the solution. I really need help please ;(

Hi there,

I’m not sure why. But here are some basic things to understand when importing skins.

1. You need to import on a geometry that has no skinning. So make sure all the skinning is deleted before trying to rebuild your guide. This looks like maybe you are importing on to geo that already had skinning.
  2. When you delete a rig, and rebuild, if there were any leftover joints, or custom joints in the scene, then maybe the skinCluster didn’t get fully deleted.
  3. You need to import your skinning in neutral pose. If you import the skin, and then the rig moves, it will distort the geometry.
  4. Related to 3, make sure you import the skinning after all the joints have finished building. So if you make any custom joints in a POST script, you need to make sure that script runs BEFORE you import your skinning, otherwise it will miss those joints, and fail.
1 Like