Home Website Youtube GitHub

SkinPack mesh not found

After updating to 3.7.11 the SkinPack its throwing me this error in all my characters
Im using maya 2022

# EXEC: Executing custom step: \Scripts\Post\import_skinPack.py # 
# Warning: Object: Mesh_Body_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene #

Hi @surivdie I’m also running into trouble with this.

Just to check, you are running Maya with Python 2.7 right?

Unfortunately, I’m on Mac, so I can’t run Python 2.7. I can test in Python3. Once I make some changes so skin.py can run in Python3, I also get that “Can NOT be found” error. Which unfortunately, just means there is an exception somewhere between line 441-498. The error isn’t telling the truth. I’ll have to dig a bit more to see if some of the command flags changed.

Would you mind doing a test for me? Can you run these lines of Python and let me know what it says?

import cPickle as pickle
pickle.__file__

do you have the object “Mesh_Body_LOD00” in the scene? is not clashing with other names?
for example when you select it the script editor log show the name with “|” something|Mesh_Body_LOD00

Hey Chris,
currently in both Maya and python versions I’m getting the same error

# Error: AttributeError: file <maya console> line 2: 'module' object has no attribute '__file__' # 

# Error: ModuleNotFoundError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py line 142: No module named 'cPickle' # 

wonder if I missing something on the code.

Hi Miquel,

not seems the case, right now Im getting the error only in 2022 with mgear 3.7.11

# EXEC: Executing custom step: Oracle\Scripts\Post\import_skinPack.py # 
# Warning: Object: Mesh_Oracle_EyeL_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene # 
# Warning: Object: Mesh_Oracle_EyeR_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene # 
# Warning: Object: Mesh_Oracle_Shawl_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene # 
# Warning: Object: Mesh_Oracle_Pattern_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene # 
# Warning: Object: Mesh_Oracle_HeadBow_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene # 
# Warning: Object: Mesh_Oracle_SideSash_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene # 

in 2020 its working good with mgear 3.6.0 using the same file

# EXEC: Executing custom step: Oracle\Scripts\Post\import_skinPack.py # 
Imported skin for: Mesh_Oracle_EyeL_LOD00
Imported skin for: Mesh_Oracle_EyeR_LOD00
Imported skin for: Mesh_Oracle_Shawl_LOD00
Imported skin for: Mesh_Oracle_Pattern_LOD00
Imported skin for: Mesh_Oracle_HeadBow_LOD00
Imported skin for: Mesh_Oracle_SideSash_LOD00

@Miquel my first thought was a scene issue too. But it seems like there are issues with skin.py in Maya 2022.

In Python 3, the cPickle module is gone, and you would now have to import _pickle instead. (For when we begin porting to 3. Python3 still isn’t supported, I’m just testing in the only way I can on MacOS. I can’t test what the problems are in Python 2. It does look like cPickle still exists in Maya2022 Python2.7.)

That’s odd… So it imported cPickle without problem, but the module doesn’t have a .__file__ attribute? Maybe that is some import clash like it is described here?

What if you run this instead? (I’m trying to find out if the pickle module changed in Maya 2022, or if the problem is later in some of the API commands, or the skinCluster commands.)

import cPickle
cPickle.__file__

@surivdie Also when you paste code or errors, please surround them with code formatting. You can do this by using triple backticks. And then it will format your code properly. Three of these characters:

Then your code will format properly, like this:

# Error: AttributeError: file <maya console> line 2: 'module' object has no attribute '__file__' # 

I tried the new format thou the errors kept the same. Right now I have two versions of maya and mgear installed, could that be the problem?

import cPickle
cPickle.__file__

2022 mg3.6.0 python2.7
2022 mg3.7.11 python2.7
2022 mg3.7.11 python3.1
# Error: ModuleNotFoundError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\shiboken2\files.dir\shibokensupport\__feature__.py line 142: No module named 'cPickle' #

2020 mg3.7.11 python2.7
2020 mg3.6.0 python2.7

Multiple Maya installations should not matter. Do you have 2 different versions of mGear loaded in Maya 2022?

(I load mGear by using the Maya.env MAYA_MODULE_PATH method, so when I want to test a new version, I just switch the path in that file. If you have 2 mGear installations running at the same time, I actually have no idea what effect that would have.)

I think there are just some bugs that need to be fixed in skin.py. And if the pickle module changed in Maya 2022 Python 2.7, then that could potentially explain why the import is failing later in the script.

Hello,
I am on a short holiday until Thursday, I will check this ASAP

I didn’t forget about this issue. :sweat_smile:

I will review this ASAP

3 Likes

:mechanical_arm: Awesome, ty!!!