Home Website Youtube GitHub

SOLVED: Has the 'rigbits.facial_rigger.eye_rigger.rig_from_file(eyesConfigPath) module changed?

Last week I was making a Post script with the ‘rigbits.facial_rigger.eye_rigger.rig_from_file(eyesConfigPath)’ shown here on the workflow page,
http://www.mgear-framework.com/mgear_dist/official-unofficial-workflow.html

It’s saying to use the newer method of building eye rigs. I was using it and all was well, building the eye rig perfectly. Now I open it up Monday morning to show to my animators and it crashes with the error.

File “F:/NianticPerforce/Creatures/Creature01/Rig/Data/mGear/PostScript_AddEyesVolumeReference.py”, line 22, in
rigbits.facial_rigger.eye_rigger.rig_from_file(l_eyePath)
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘facial_rigger’

I know it was working last week, has the internal library changed? Where is the documentation if so? I’ll attach my small py file to for anyone who is interested.

Hello @gwall
There were some changes with the latest release. But should work with previous configurations. I am also using it in production and didn’t have any issues.

Checking the way you import the module I get the same error. But the way I import is working

# THIS WILL FAIL
from mgear import rigbits
a = rigbits.facial_rigger.eye_rigger.rig_from_file

# THIS WORKS
from mgear.rigbits.facial_rigger import eye_rigger
a = eye_rigger.rig_from_file

Can you try to change the import line?

1 Like

Hi Miquel,

I tried this way of importing and it worked, thank you very much for taking the time! So was I looking in the wrong place or not understand the example that was in the ‘Rigging Workflow’ page regarding the eye/lip module?

thanks for pointing this out. I will update the documentation to reflect this.

it worked!.. thou skinPack are not finding the Meshes

EXEC: Executing custom step: Mayor\Scripts\Post\import_skinPack.py

Warning: Object: Mesh_LOD00 Skipped. Can NOT be found in the scene

Does “Mesh_LOD00” exist in your scene? And is it unique? If there are multiple objects with the same name, it won’t be able to find the object.

ya its unique… its working on maya2020 but not in 2022