Home Website Youtube GitHub

SOLVED: Settings incompatibility with existing rigs and 3.7.8

Thank you for your continued work on mGear and for the new features to make it additionally Unreal friendly! I appreciate all the work you put into this project.

I want to report an issue I am having after updating from 3.6 to 3.7.8. My existing rigs are now throwing errors when attempting to open their settings in the Shifter Guide Manager. Depending on the component I get one of two errors related to joint_rot_offset or world_ctl_name.

mGear\scripts\mgear\shifter\component\guide.py", line 1002, in populate_controls
#     self.root.attr("joint_rot_offset_x").get())
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\nodetypes.py", line 2009, in attr
#     raise e
# pymel.core.general.MayaAttributeError: Maya Attribute does not exist (or is not unique):: u'guide|root_C0_root|local_C0_root|COG_C0_root|pelvis_C0_root|rearLeg_L0_root.joint_rot_offset_x'

or

mGear\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide.py", line 1410, in populate_controls
#     self.root.attr("world_ctl_name").get())
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2019\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\nodetypes.py", line 2009, in attr
#     raise e
# pymel.core.general.MayaAttributeError: Maya Attribute does not exist (or is not unique):: u'guide.world_ctl_name'

If I create new components and try to update their settings, I do not run into any issues. If I duplicate my guide, this issue is resolved except for the mess it creates of my naming. I am also unable to build from these guides, as I get the warnings for the missing joint_rot_offset parameters.

Has anyone else run into this with existing guides? Thanks!

Hello @Sherman
Have you tried to update the guide?

1 Like

I had not, and that quickly fixed all of my issues. Thank you for reminding me of the obvious @Miquel!

1 Like