Home Website Youtube GitHub

Space switching

Hey guys is there a way to set up space switching for the head in mgear? Like I want the body to turn without rotating the head.

Hey Ross,

Yep, Miquel posted about this. It is a little bit hidden.

So you put a space switch on the head like normal, and then in the attribute editor on the guide, you can find the connector attribute, and change it from “standard” to “orientation” and it will make a space switch that only does rotation isolation.

6 Likes

Thanks Chris for your swift reply. After I’ve done this and rebuild the guide, where do I find the option to switch?

On the UI Host that you specify in the guide.

Thanks Chris. Would you know why I get this error below when I try to input the root guides in the reference array?

// Warning: Not valid obj: guide|Global_C0_root|local_C0_root|COG_C0_root, name is not unique.

here is my scene file:
https://we.tl/t-QU5MkTYP9d

Do you have the built rig in your scene as well? If so, the *_Root nodes of the rig and the guides name-clash.

You have to delete the rig before you edit those things in the guide.

1 Like

I tried that but still got the error.

It works now, thanks a lot Chris. whatever they’re paying you it’s not enough lol.

2 Likes

Is there a way I can set it up so that the clavicle CTL does not affect the IK arm?

You can choose how many components roots are drivers for your IK controls

You can choose the order in which this parenting is happening. If you intentions are that the whole IK arm system isn’t driven by the clavicle then you need to partent the Root Component elsewhere that the shoulder compoenent. You can then decide if the shoulder is part of the reference array of the arm component or not.