Home Website Youtube GitHub

SpiderVerse Rig for free! (mgear rig)

Hi guys.

Me and my wife had been work on our personal project as fan-made SpiderVerse rig.
Which the rig using mgear framework for solution of the rig(Thank to mgear worker especially Miquel).
After we post it in Animchallenge people got excited with it.
Even Nick Kondo and Peter Ramsey help share on their tweet. It got hit now.
You can check it out by the link below…

SpiderVerse Rig for free! (Thank to mgear-framework)

Again, thank so much Miquel. I learned a lot from you while working with you.

5 Likes

Thanks @iamwat for sharing this here! :smiley: Great work!!!

1 Like

This is pretty cool.

2 Likes

Hi @iamwat

Just found today another review ofthe rig on youtube.

Also this one, but is older and maybe you already know

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Miquel :smiley:

1 Like

Two winners on August contest at the [AnimChallenge] used our “SpiderVerse” mgear rig.

2 Likes

found this cool animation done with the rig

2 Likes

Hello,

I am starting a new series of videos called “Rigging Sandbox”

Super BIG THANKS to @iamwat and Yanin for allowing me to use and update this rig. We will publish it for public download when is finished in the next video.

This time, I am making the talking head YouTuber style intro :stuck_out_tongue: It is more difficult than it looks. I hope to get better doing this in the future

I hope you like it!

5 Likes

please someone help me…i did all is in the read me file and also i see the mgear in maya…but when i open this rig in maya my maya crashes please someone help me​:cry::sob:

Hi @Kofi_Jeffrey What version of Maya (including update number). And what OS?

That could be a number of reasons. Sometimes when a rig crashes on open, try one of these tricks. Sometimes it works. (Sometimes not…)

1. Import the rig, instead of opening it.
  2. Reference the rig, and then import file from reference.

(Even if you are referencing the rig for animation, you could try this import trick first, and then save it as a new file. Then reference it.)

1 Like

i have tried this rig in maya 2020 and 2019 but both don’t work…and also i am new into animation so i don’t really know what you are talking about…when i press the mgear command and after maya loads i press file,import and select spiderverse_ready07…and also i tried this method i press file,create reference and select spiderverse_ready07 is that what you are talking about…and also Thank you very much for replying to me

and i’m on windows…is that the reason why it crashes?..

Have you ever been able to open other mGear rigs in the past?

i press file,import and select spiderverse_ready07…and also i tried this method i press file,create reference and select spiderverse_ready07 is that what you are talking about

Yes that is what I am talking about. Does it crash when you do those methods too? Anyway, it’s just a trick, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.

when i press the mgear command

What mGear command are you pressing?

and i’m on windows…is that the reason why it crashes?..

No, it should work just fine in Windows. But when you are trying to solve a problem, it’s important to provide details.

no i haven’t try any mgear rig
yeah it still crashes when i do that method too
the mgear command that is in the spiderverse folder
oh ok
Thank you for replying me🙌🏾

is it because i haven’t use any mgear rig…i hope you find solution to my problem because i really want to animate with this rig

i think i can’t open mgear rig…i just downloaded the stormtrooper to test if it will work but it also made my maya crash…is there a problem that need to be fixed?

I have no idea. But maybe please try to install mGear following the instructions on mGear. Instead of using the SpiderVerse command. I have no idea what kind of mGear the rig is distributing.

Hello @Kofi_Jeffrey another option will be to try @Milio’s mGear installer https://gumroad.com/l/GhQoe

Note: this installer will only install the .mll plugins, not the complete mGear :wink:

so if i’m not able to install the complete mgear…will i be able to open the spiderverse rig?

ok… thank you for your attention