Home Website Youtube GitHub

Spine components build issue

Hello guys! First of all iam really new and want to say mgear is awesome! But i have a little issue with the spine components! Iam working on a project where the scene scale is in meter! The spine components building is broken! You see that in the screenshot! I found a workaround with a custom step where i

switch the working units to centimeter, then build the rig and switch it back to meter. But at the moment i do not know if that cause other problems in the long run. I really would appreciate your help.
Thx in advance

Johannes Wolz

My recommendation is to use always CM as a unit in Maya. Better change the size of the asset to match the correct size.
Even some Maya default tools will break if you change to Meters. and Many API functions are expecting CM
I had a mGear branch compatible with Meters a few years ago but we have many issues with other Maya tools and decided to switch back to cm and deprecated that branch that was also more complex to maintain.

1 Like

Thx a lot Miquel! We already discuss that topic at work! And it seems that i have to find a solution to get it work in meters because the project is in meter for sure!