Home Website Youtube GitHub

Spine IK on neck

Hi everyone,
I’m currently working on a Flamingo rig, and I’m struggling with the neck.

I found the neck_ik on the guide manager with the option “chicken_neck”, but for now, I would love to get an other layer of deformation on my IK spine, I can’t add my own deformers as cluster on a build rig from mGear (see the video bellow)

Did you know how can I get the same result combine to my neck chain ?
Thank you and have a nice day !

I think a cable component would suit more to the flamingo rig.

Yeah but I would love to have more than 2 Ik controls for the curvature of the neck

ahh! I think the two tangents and the tweaks controls are usually enough for getting nice shapes.

I can try for sure. Do you know, now, how can I change my head world spaces with the cable chain ? with the neck, that was easier to choose a host and the references, but with this guide, I don’t find anything for that. And how you get Fk controls on your build ?

the cable FK tweaks are in the host control of your choice

parent the head component under the tip cable (neck_C0_tip) and set the parent joint index to the number of bones you set in the cable. I set the cable to have 15, first index is 00 last is 14, the head will be parented at the last bone. You can set the head IK reference array to as many switch spaces you want.

chain fk spline_02 and the variable chains are also potential candidates for solving the neck. It is plenty of options but also you might need something else.

1 Like