Home Website Youtube GitHub

Spine UI controls appeared under world UI control

I have created a guide using mGear, shifter, guide template samples, biped template, Y up. I have customized some parts of the guide due to the difference of the character I’m working with. But when I build from selection, the spineUI control had nothing in it. In fact, all the control (position, max stretch, max squash etc.) has appeared under the world control. I have tried reparenting the spine UI guide to the guide group, and restarting MAYA, nothing worked.
I hope I have addressed the issue clearly, please let me know if you have any solutions, or need any additional information.

This is not a “bug”.

If you created a new spine component, you just need to define your hostUI control again.

“the spineUI” is just an example convention. It has no special relationship to the spine at all. It has no knowledge of the spine at all. You can put the attributes wherever you want.

To do so, make sure you chose a valid, existing guide (in your example, the spineUI guide) in this setting on your spine component:

1 Like

Ah, I see. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you very much for answering my question!