Home Website Youtube GitHub

Studio Library error read only node with Mgear rig

Hi There

I am having a problem with studio library and mgear, when our animator wants to save out a anim clip when he selects all the controls and tries to save out the clip. He receives an error stating that a “read only node cant be changed”. Has anyone ever had this happen before any help would be appreciated.

The rig is also referenced in the scene and its just the standard biped template rig.

Greetings

PS. We also tested now that if you import the rig into a clean scene animate it and try save out a Studio library clip then it works and also referencing it into a clean scene ,animating the rig and saving out a clip then it still works. Its only in the scene he has animated in that this seems to be occurring.

We also tried using ATOM to take the anim from the scene and place the anim on a fresh rig in a new scene then it still gives the error. So basically tested all that stuff and still dont really what the problem could be

Hi @Ruan_Myburgh

What version of Studio Liv are you on please?

Thanks

We are using version 2.2.6

Can you please update to https://github.com/krathjen/studiolibrary/releases/tag/2.3.4 and let me know if this still happens. If it does we might need a rig file. Check on your side as well if you haven’t set nodes to a
lockNode state. You can try to select all your rig nodes and run the following to know if you have some nodes that are really locked

from maya import cmds

for node in cmds.ls(selection=True):
    if cmds.lockNode(node, query=True, lock=True):
        print "{} is a locked node".format(node)
1 Like

I’ll try this asap and let you know the result, thank you

Okay thank you very much Jerome that seems to have worked, should hit myself on the head for not having thought of just using a more recent version of Studio Lib

So for the explanation it’s probably Maya’s Proxy Attributes which wasn’t supported by studio lib before version 2.3.3.

1 Like

And unless you are on Maya 2019, you might want to just avoid using Proxy Attrs completely: Proxy Attributes are broken when animation layers are deleted

We ran into problems with rigs breaking, without even using animation layers, as that topic suggests. This isn’t related to your errors, but just a warning.

2 Likes

This happened to us when we referenced any rig. If we import the rig into the scene and then used studio lib it worked properly.

After many tests, I want to share my pain with you in the hope that someone will write and say something helpful.

mGear 4.2.0.
StudioLibrary 2.14.1
I don`t use locked attributes
animLibrary use env. var.
Example with referenced characters in Maya 2024.1 and 2022

I selected all controls (in my case, 393 controls).
Then, I opened the studio Library and saved 20 animation frames. The result is the following…

Maya 2024.1 / I stopped timing when the 6 minutes were up around and forcefully shut down Maya since it was blocking.
Strangely, it saved the animation on the C drive after 8 seconds with the image sequence.
C:\Users\Kosta\AppData\Local\Temp\StudioLibrary\kosta\AnimItem
Then, it was stopped-blocked at the part where it should be transferred to the D drive, where my anim library is located.

Ps. When I select one control or just a few, it saves the animation for a few seconds.

Maya 2022 spent around. 12 seconds to do all processes with successfully saved animation with all 393 controls!

I need Maya 2024, and I don`t know what I can do :
Has anyone had a similar or the same experience?
I appreciate any help you can provide.

Maybe I should have made a new post… I’m not sure

The only solution that helped speed up the anim picker and studio library in Maya 2024 was deleting and recreating the Maya pref folder!