Home Website Youtube GitHub

Synoptic error with custom buttons

Hello! I’m really enjoying learning mGear, it’s a really great rigging system. I’m trying to make some custom buttons in Synoptic, and this is the error message I’m getting:

Loading synoptic tab of biped
# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "S:\Programs\mgear_3.1.1\scripts\mgear\synoptic\__init__.py", line 236, in updateTabs
#     synoptic_tab = getattr(module, "SynopticTab")()
#   File "S:\Programs\mgear_3.1.1\scripts\mgear\synoptic\tabs\HH_FoxBoy\__init__.py", line 31, in __init__
#     super(SynopticTab, self).__init__(self, parent)
#   File "S:\Programs\mgear_3.1.1\scripts\mgear\synoptic\tabs\__init__.py", line 48, in __init__
#     klass.setupUi(self)
#   File "S:\Programs\mgear_3.1.1\scripts\mgear\synoptic\tabs\HH_FoxBoy\widget.py", line 67, in setupUi
#     palette.setBrush(QtGui.QPalette.Active, QtGui.QPalette.PlaceholderText, brush)
# AttributeError: type object 'PySide2.QtGui.QPalette' has no attribute 'PlaceholderText'
// Error: Synoptic tab: %s Loading fail HH_FoxBoy
type object 'PySide2.QtGui.QPalette' has no attribute 'PlaceholderText' // 

Any idea what might be causing this? All I did was copy and paste the buttons, and change some of the control names, like in this tutorial.

Hi @ericEDfilms Can you send me the synoptic files in a PM . I will check it

Cheers,
Miquel

2 Likes

Hey @Miquel , I’m not sure how to PM on this forum, but here is an archive of the file.

Thanks!

Hi @ericEDfilms I am sorry for taking so long to check this. But I don’t forget it :slight_smile:

Hi. I’m having the same error after trying to delete some unneeded buttons
‘PySide2.QtGui.QPalette’ has no attribute ‘PlaceholderText’.
Here are my files: https://yadi.sk/d/NY7iS4aapn9LsA.

Hi @ericEDfilms

Sorry for the super late reply.
looks like you set a configuration in the palette that was not compatible with synoptic. I can’t find how you did it. But just try to use your version without transparency set. And looks like fixes the issue

I did it again, and now have not the “PlaceholderText” entry.

cheers,
Mique;

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but for anyone still using Synoptic, I suspect this issue comes from newer versions of QT Designer expecting your python (Maya) installation to have an up-to-date version of pyqt. I think the error is happening because older versions of pyqt don’t know what to do with the variable “PlaceholderText”.

I fixed this issue by using an older version of QT Designer (5.9.6). The latest version (as of this writing, 5.14.2) create ui docs with this error. I’m guessing that setting Maya to use a Python installation with an up-to-date version of pyqt would also fix the issue, but you might run into issues if you’re sharing templates across many machines using old pyqt.