Home Website Youtube GitHub

Synoptic not working in Linux

Hi,

I’ve been trying to use synoptic in linux for a few days and it hasn’t been working. When I use it in Windows its working fine. I tried it in Maya -2017 & Maya - 2018 for both Linux and Windows and its opening fine for windows.
This is the error which I get when I try to open in Linux

Loading synoptic tab of Control_List

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/init.py”, line 221, in updateTabs

synoptic_tab = getattr(module, “SynopticTab”)()

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/control_list/init.py”, line 18, in init

super(SynopticTab, self).init(self, parent)

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/init.py”, line 46, in init

klass.connectMaya()

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/init.py”, line 90, in connectMaya

gui = OpenMayaUI.MQtUtil.fullName(ptr)

TypeError: Expected argument of type long

Error: Synoptic tab: %s Loading fail control_list

Expected argument of type long #
Loading synoptic tab of baker

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/init.py”, line 221, in updateTabs

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/baker/init.py”, line 18, in init

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/init.py”, line 46, in init

klass.connectMaya()

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/init.py”, line 90, in connectMaya

Error: Synoptic tab: %s Loading fail baker

Loading synoptic tab of biped

File “/home/nitesh/maya/2017/modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/biped/init.py”, line 30, in init

klass.connectMaya()

Error: Synoptic tab: %s Loading fail biped

Thank You

Hi @niteshms04

I am not working with Linux lately, and my Linux box is not ready to do any test. Maybe someone using Linux in the forum can help.

My only recommendation will be to remove “Control_List” from the rig configuration, so is no logging the errors every time.

Cheers,
Miquel

Hi,
I will also try and solve this issue. Thank you for your time.

Hello,

Sorry, I’ve not been able to post this earlier. So I’ve been looking for the problem and found out that the issue was in the modules/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/__init.py

As you can see in the 90th line the previous part of the script was

When I added ‘long()’ there it worked.
gui = OpenMayaUI.MQtUtil.fullName(long(ptr))

I also tested this with the changed script in Windows & it seems to work fine. I wasn’t able to check it for OsX as I don’t have it but I hope it works there too.

Thanks

Hi @niteshms04,

Thanks for this solution! I have create a ticket on GitHub to update it: https://github.com/mgear-dev/synoptic/issues/9

Thanks! :slight_smile:

This one should be closed no?

@Jerome I will check it :stuck_out_tongue:

Well on our side is Linux base and Synoptic is loading fine