Home Website Youtube GitHub

Trying to learn mgear

still going through all the videos, but it’s like a bit of a scrabled hunt for some information

I’m not quite sure how to properly use an IK / FK reference array, can I get a link to a video on a bit more detail on it?

thanks

check this one https://youtu.be/VDseV5fdjzw

Thanks, I seem to be getting it a little better now.
so it seems like it is used as a dropdown list as some kind of proxy parent? or pin?

if I add the upvector to the foot, it seems to cause cyclical errors, is there a way to attach the leg upvector to where the foot points without causing that?
I used to put the knee upvector under the foot in XSI as that seemed like a good place to put it

Hi @eug

Yes that is correct

The foot is already included by default:

Cheers,
Miquel

Related to this topic, I spent some days wandering the whole internet seeking custom scripts to make stretchy Ik (standard & spline) & making Fk/ik match & Fk/Ik baking & adjust joint rotation orders…etc , just to find later that mGear builds for you rigs having all those features out of the box :smile: Lol , I wish if you guys of mGear team would just mention those few words in the mGear FAQs that it provides Fk/Ik matching & baking , provides stretchy IK chains & real-time jiggling ropes/springs (but those I think they are not ready with one click)

Most people who are new to mGear need to know that summery about its features easily from the Main webpages of the site, consider it something attracting more users even before they start digging inside each video tutorial :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Hazem_Mahmoud good point here. Thanks for the feedback.

I have been receiving some feedback in how to improve the documentation and tutorials this days. I have log it here:

1 Like