Home Website Youtube GitHub

Unable to build from guide template file

I can build my rigs fine if I import the guide template and select it, but it fails during the joints step when I try to build from the file itself. Does anyone know why this is? This is the error I get:

# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\rig_builder\ui.py", line 206, in on_build_button_clicked
#     results_dict = self.builder.execute_build_logic(
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\rig_builder\builder.py", line 162, in execute_build_logic
#     io.build_from_file(file_path)
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\io.py", line 195, in build_from_file
#     rig.buildFromDict(conf)
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\__init__.py", line 205, in buildFromDict
#     self.build()
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\__init__.py", line 295, in build
#     self.processComponents()
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\__init__.py", line 521, in processComponents
#     comp.stepMethods[i]()
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\component\__init__.py", line 186, in step_04
#     self.jointStructure()
#   File "...\mgear\shifter\component\__init__.py", line 2101, in jointStructure
#     radiusValue = self.rig.guide.model.joint_radius.get()
# AttributeError: 'Rig' object has no attribute 'model'
1 Like

There has been a bug since the latest 4.2.1 update, which I didnโ€™t test for in the build from the file.

This issue arose because we added new feature settings for Joint Size and Guide Visibility. These new attributes are generated on the guide, and the code seems to be implemented in the case of the build from selection, necessitating the presence of the guide in the scene while building a rig. Therefore, we will address and resolve this issue for building from file as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting it.

1 Like

Miquel just fixed this issue. @corvineMaster You can try it with the latest and greatest.

2 Likes