Home Website Youtube GitHub

Unable to export skin packs

I’ve had this issue before. But switching off component tags in the preferences was enough to solve this. I’ve been struggling for 2 hours now without success. I even tried deleteing the rig itself many times before attempting to save a skin pack. It always gives me an OSError 22 invalid argument.

Can you please the show the full error? Put it in between triple backticks

```
The full error here
```

And please describe exactly how you are trying to export. Are you using the mGear menu? Or a Python script? Can you think of something that recently changed? Or is it just one character?

And maybe show a screenshot of the geometry you are trying to export.

The “OSError” seems related to your OS or filesystem or the file path you are choosing. Deleting the rig probably isn’t going to solve anything.

Hello Chris and thank you for your reply. I’m giving you the error now and also a few more things I found since yesterday.

1. I use the export skinpack Asci option in the mgear menu on the UI.

2. Looks like it happens only with this asset in particular.

3. I was told by the modeller that parts of it were created in C4D. Is it possible that these meshes include C4D data that mgear doesnt like?

4. As a workaround I exported the entire asset as an obj and tried it again. Then it suddenly worked with no error. That’s why I assume that C4D might be the source of the problem, and the obj conversion deletes whatever data might trigger the error.

OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: ‘//192.168.1.112/users$/christos/Desktop/New folder\newmeshes|Mesh.jSkin’

editMenuUpdate MayaWindow|mainEditMenu;

Don’t forget to put code and errors between triple backticks. But it’s still possible to see the issue.

I think you have non-unique names. So it’s adding the hierarchy path “longName” with | characters. That pipe character may not be a valid character in your filesystem. (What OS are you using?)

I’m not sure about the $ in the path.

So when you exported as OBJ maybe you resolved the name problem. You could likely also just find the non-unique names and change them. I don’t think C4D has anything to do with the problem, except for how it may have named things.