Home Website Youtube GitHub

Where to place the guide for foot rolls?

Hi community! I really dont understand wich would be the correct placement of the guide for the foot, Im talking about the 3 last ones, the ones neccesary for roll. The question is , should I place this 3 inside the mesh calculating the joint positions? Should I place the 3 in the edge of the foot and see half of the guide inside and outside the foot mesh? Thank you for the answers! cheers

I put mine in the middle of the foot mesh. But the end one - I think - needs to be at the tip of the shoe, on the floor, so that the tip of the shoe pivots on the floor properly.

Which is a little annoying, because the 2nd last toe controller ends up having an orientation that points down towards that pivot. Ideally, I wish there was a separate pivot for the final foot roll that didn’t affect the orientation of the FK feet controls.

(I thought I had added a post script to mine so it aligns the 2nd last control flat to the world, but looking at my rigs, that is not the case. foot_L0_fk1_ctl still points down.)

2 Likes

Thank you so much chris! you are always helping :slight_smile:

1 Like