Home Website Youtube GitHub

Working with the Piped Guide

Im trying todo my first mGear Rig with with the help of the Piped Guide.
Are there any workflow tips you could give me.?

For example is it fine to delete the right Leg and Arm.
Do the Guide placing on the left side and use Duplicate Sym in the end?

Is it save to use Preserve Children if i move the Guides.?

Is there anything i could distroy with this workfow.?
Same goes for eye placement.

Hello @oglu

For example is it fine to delete the right Leg and Arm.
Do the Guide placing on the left side and use Duplicate Sym in the end?

Yes you can do that and is even recommended as you might forget some similar component settings.

Is it save to use Preserve Children if i move the Guides.?

Yes. You can use it to help posing your guides. By the way do not forget to turn the setting off when you have build the rig and are trying things on the rig.

Is there anything i could distroy with this workfow.?
Same goes for eye placement.

Not that I know of so far.

Are there any workflow tips you could give me.?

• If this is your first rig with mGear I really recommend you to play with the guides settings as much as you can to understand what each setting is doing and what it brings as an option. If you have any doubt then shoot a message at us.
  • Another tip is to try out each shifter classic component one by one to learn what those components are and what they do and how they behave. Is only when you know what this different components do that you can really become creative with them. You can parent some different components to each other and explore the different configurations. The choices are endless and the more components we will release in the future the more creative options you will have.
  • Lastly and one of the most valuable is to check all videos Miquel has done over the years on the youtube channel. I recommend watching them a a speed of 1.5 (or even 2.0) so that all the videos don’t seem to take to much time out of you. Watching this different videos will help you understand as well some of the features and mechanics of mGear.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks again Jerome.
I will watch all those vids now. And play with the components.

Adding to what Jerome said, I hope the following can help as fast beginner starting.
Watch those videos in that order, will take you step by step the easy way:

& this video from Rigging Dojo mentions fast cute notes about mGear:

You may ask, what about all rest of videos? they are important but they are more advanced (RBF manager , Channel wrangler , Data Centric) they are important but not now, just concentrate with the group above first, you will get skilled enough with mGear the fastest way, then you are ready for more advanced stuff :smiley:

1 Like