So, I don’t know if mGear actually supports Z-up. I’ve seen a couple threads where people explained they had problems. Some of the components might not act as intended. Even the Maya camera acts weird in Z-up mode. But I haven’t seen any definitive answer from Miquel or anyone.
But I just tested it, and it seems to work, at least for the Control_01 components. But you didn’t mention or show what orientation you want. What does “wrong alignment” mean to you?
In this image, I set Maya settings to Z-up, made the top control Z up, and when it builds, z is pointing up. The control icons are rotated 90, but that is expected. You’d just have to rotate the shapes.
Please show what you are expecting it to be.
As for the “World Space Orientation Align” setting. It absolutely does something. If it is checked, the control will be in world space no matter what. If it is unchecked, the control will have the same orientation as your guide.
Here is what I found by testing:
- control is Z up, world option checked = Z-up (matches world)
- control is Z up, world option unchecked = Z-up (matches guide)
- control is Y up, world option checked = Z-up (matches world)
- control is Y up, world option unchecked = Y-up (matches guide)
- control is rotated 30 degrees, world checked = Z-up (matches world)
- control is rotated 30 degrees, world unchecked = control is rotated 30 degrees. (matches guide)