Home Website Youtube GitHub

Adding Controls and joints to the space recerences

Hi,

I am looking to find a way to add controls and joints to the space reference.

I found this topic that the feature seems to be WIP.

I tried to update the attributes manually but it didn`t work.

Thank you.

That thread is about adding the world_ctl specifically. Which doesn’t exist until after the rig is built.

You can already add other controls. What are you trying to add? Updating what attributes manually? Do you mean adding spaces after the rig is already built?

If you are talking about the “Space Manager” for adding spaces after the rig is already built, that feature is already done. That thread you linked to is from February 2020. mGear → Rigbits → Space Manager.

You should try to add some more details about what you are trying to do, or what problems you are encountering.

I would like to add controls to the settings window as below

so by the time I build the rig, I have all the spaces that I need.

I am trying to add moveable pivots on a control using spaces.

And what is stopping you from doing that?

// Warning: pymel.core.general : Could not create desired MFn. Defaulting to MFnDagNode. //
// Warning: The object: spine_C0_fk3_ctl, is not a valid reference, Please select only guide componet roots and guide locators. //

Please select only guide componet roots and guide locators.

You can’t add controls from a built rig. You have to add the components from the guide. Then you build the rig.

And if you have a built rig in the scene, you might have name clashes. You will probably have to delete the rig. Then alter the space switches in the guide. Then rebuild the rig.

(Make sure to export all your skins, and extract your custom control icons before deleting the rig.)

I tried to add control names to the guide settings. but that’s when I got the error message.

I know. You can’t do that. “spine_C0_fk3_ctl” is a rig controller. You can’t add rig controllers. You have to add GUIDE components inside that list.