Home Website Youtube GitHub

Arm_2jnt_04 and IK/FK switch in Synoptic

first of all, thanks for the new update! really nice and useful features there :slight_smile:

I just noticed that the arm_2jnt_04 does not work very well with the IK/FK switch match in the Synoptic. (not the normal IK/FK switch in the channel box)
The wrist turns 90 degrees when you do the switch. (also, IK/FK switch match does not work if you have the “IK separated Trans and Rot ctl” uncheked, but you probably already know this).

this are my options:

and this is the issue:
mgearerror4

this is not a deal breaker for me, as I can uncheck “Align wrist to guide orientation” and doing so fixes this issue.
I just wanted to let you know of this bug, and feel free to let me know if I’m doing something wrong

1 Like

@gui Thanks for the feedback.
@Toke_Stuart_Jepsen is this working for you?

I cant replicate this bug.

@Gui, any chance you can share a guide template or scene to debug?

@Toke_Stuart_Jepsen, unfortunately I can’t send you the original one but I have recreated the problem for you.
This is what I did:
Imported the BipedTemplate, updated the guide, unparented fingers and UI, deleted the thumb and metacarpel, deleted Arm_2jnt_01 and created Arm_2jnt_04, changed same settings (like reducing divisions), reparented fingers and UI, deleted right shoulder/arm and then from the left shoulder root “Dupl. Sym.” - and here his the file:

While doing this, I’ve also noticed that the Right arm does this when I use the Synoptic IK/FK switch:
mgearerror5

let me know if you need anything else :slight_smile:

Hey @Gui,

Thanks for report and replication scene. Found the bug and there is a PR waiting for a merge here; https://github.com/mgear-dev/shifter_classic_components/pull/58

I unfortunately cant help with this since I dont use the synoptic, but did notice it in your scene so anyone can jump in and fix that side from your scene.

2 Likes

@Toke_Stuart_Jepsen Just merged the pull request and schedule to release for 3.2.1 https://github.com/orgs/mgear-dev/projects/15
I will do this release next week. So probably not all the bugs in the list will make the cut :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like