Home Website Youtube GitHub

Auto clavicle functionality

i would like to know if a “auto clavicle” functionality can be easily achieved for the arms and if yes how?

Ideally with an ON/OFF attribute

thank you!

Sure, why not? What have you tried already?

using multipy divide nodes ? would that be the easiest way to do it with Mgear?

in such cases a post custom step would be needed to get the setup re done after each build correct?

A quick google and this seems like a promising technique using an extra IK handle: Rigging an Automatic Clavicle System in Maya - YouTube

Yeah a post script would be your best bet.

thanks Chris

i had found this youtube video helpfull as well

How should the post script look like to automate this, after each rebuild? ( i am not a coder…)

I was looking for something like this, and I’ve been trying this on my end. Even following that youtube tutorial. It’s always the same issue though; it creates a cycle (with the cycle warnings and the cranky Maya). Is there a way to go around it with the MGear rig?
Thanks in advance :pray:

Maybe a setup with the RBF manager will work well enough!?

i am just not sure if that setup can be set to be active / de activated . ON/ OFF?

Trying with the RBF setup, there’s also a cycle?
/ Warning: Cycle on 'mgear_matrixConstraint9.rotate' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) // // Warning: Cycle on 'multiplyDivide126.outputX' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) // // Warning: Cycle on 'arm_L0_ik_cns_parentConstraint1.target[0].targetParentMatrix' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) // // Warning: Cycle on 'arm_L0_upv_cns_parentConstraint1.target[0].targetRotate' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) // // Warning: Cycle on 'arm_L0_ik_cns_parentConstraint1.target[0].targetParentMatrix' may not evaluate as expected. (Use 'cycleCheck -e off' to disable this warning.) //