Home Website Youtube GitHub

Biped template not working

Hello, i’m a first time user.
On a fresh install of mgear i get this error when i try to create a bipad template:

\scripts\mgear\core\utils.py line 223: Unable to create/find dependency node.

it gets stuck on 10% at “spine_C0”

am i doing something wrong?

Thanks

Hi Calle,

Can you please post more information? That error message you posted is not enough. Is there any more to the error? Post the entire error message. Not just the line you guessed caused the problem.

What version of Maya? What version of mGear? How did you install mGear?

What actual commands are you running when you see this error? Are you clicking a menu item? Which one?

Hello,
Right, so its the latest one, “mgear_3.0.4” and i use maya2018, I put the files from the rar file in mgear folder in the maya script folder,i then copy the module file to my module folder:
C:\Users\Calle\Documents\maya\modules

And inserted the path of where the mgear folder is:
+ MAYAVERSION:2018 PLATFORM:win64 mGear 3.0 ./platforms/2018/windows/x64
**scripts: **
C:/Users/Calle/Documents/maya/scripts/mgear/scripts
I also made sure the enviroment file had the path to the module folder like the installation video instructed me to do:
MAYA_MODULE_PATH=C:/Users/Calle/Documents/maya/modules

Here is the full script message from opeing maya to the last line after i press “biped template” in the menu, mgear>Shifter>Guide Template Samples>Biped Template:

file -f -new;
**// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 29: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. // **
**// untitled // **
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
onSetCurrentLayout “Maya Classic”;
**# pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: deformerEvaluator, GPUBuiltInDeformer, renderSetup # **
**# Error: You need the mgear_solvers plugin! # **
// Initializing V-Ray for Maya
** // **
evalDeferred “shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate”;
VRayVolumeGridInit();
**// Warning: file: C:\Users\Calle\Documents\maya\2018\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiImage.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’. // **
**// Warning: file: C:\Users\Calle\Documents\maya\2018\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiStandIn.dso’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’. // **
**// Warning: file: C:\Users\Calle\Documents\maya\2018\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiVolume.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’. // **
updateRenderOverride;
updateRendererUI;
**// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 64: The renderer “arnold” used by this scene, is not currently available. The “mayaSoftware” renderer will be used instead. // **
0.50877103212 time elapsed running draw_guide
# Error: RuntimeError: file C:\Users\Calle\Documents\maya\scripts\mgear\scripts\mgear\core\utils.py line 223: Unable to create/find dependency node. #

One thing i notice is that it tells me it didnt load some solver plugins:
# Error: You need the mgear_solvers plugin! #

Not sure what i’m doing wrong.

Thanks

Ok yeah, so the important part of the error was that the solvers are not loaded.

I think you are following a video where it tells you to edit the mod file. I think it is confusing that there are 3 different videos, but I followed these instructions here:

1. All you have to do is download mGear, and put the entire mGear folder somewhere.
  2. And then add MAYA_MODULE_PATH=C:/Users/Calle/ANY/PATH/YOU/WANT/mGear_3.0.4 to Maya.env like you did, BUT, that path needs to point to the mGear folder. Not just the modules folder. (as far as I can tell.)

I just tested that on a fresh computer, and that is the only step I needed to take to install mGear. I didn’t have to edit the mod file at all. And the mGear folder does not have to be in your Maya modules folder. Though I guess it can be.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding, and you need to follow that other installation technique. For me, this one is the best because I install mGear on our studio network drive, and all I have to do is add that one line to all the animator’s Maya.env files and they are good to go.

2 Likes

Thank you, by simple just editing the Env file like in the video and not touching anything ells it now works! I got it confused.

Best regards

1 Like

Hi, Chris!

How do you do this on Mac OS? I’ve been trying for hours with no luck.

Hi Christian, how do you do what?

Are you unable to install mGear? What version of Maya?

I don’t think the mGear solvers have been compiled for Maya 2019 for Macos yet in mGear 3.2. if that is what you are trying to do.

Hi Chris!

I’m trying to animate a rig I was given, that uses mGear. The only way I could get mGear installed on my Mac was getting Maya 2018 and mGear 2.6.1, and dropping the files in the modules folder. I can see the rig, but can’t get the GUI windows to load so I can select the animation controllers.

I uninstalled and I’m trying to follow this process (using the Maya.env) instead to see if that solves it, but I’m not sure I’m typing the correct path.

Ok, so your problem is that you can’t get the synoptic picker to load? Are you choosing “Synoptic” in the menu?

That is a separate problem than installing mGear. It sounds like your mGear is installed just fine.

Do you get an error in the script editor when you try to load the Synoptic?

“Can’t get it to load” is not descriptive enough to offer any help. What are you doing? What happens when you do it?

This is what I see.

If I click on mGear > Animation > Synoptic, I get this error:
# Error: Synoptic tab: %s Loading fail bipedExpected argument of type long

Full Script Editor after opening the scene and clicking on Synoptic (just in case):

file -f -new;
// untitled //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
onSetCurrentLayout “Maya Classic”;

pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: deformerEvaluator, GPUBuiltInDeformer, renderSetup

Warning: RBF Manager couldn’t found any valid RBF solver.

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/plug-ins/xgen/scripts/xgmToolRegistration.mel line 58: Cannot find procedure “xgmToolManagerRegisterTool”. //
// Warning: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/plug-ins/xgen/scripts/igInitialize.mel line 78: Couldn’t source xgmToolRegistration.mel //
// Warning: file: /Users/cfeliciano2/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2018/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiImage.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’. //
// Warning: file: /Users/cfeliciano2/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2018/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiStandIn.dso’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’. //
// Warning: file: /Users/cfeliciano2/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2018/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiVolume.filename’ is invalid or is not designated ‘usedAsFilename’. //
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:46:02)
evalDeferred “shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate”;
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiStandIn.dso’ and label ‘Standin’ have been saved already. //
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiVolume.filename’ and label ‘VDB’ have been saved already. //
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute ‘aiImage.filename’ and label ‘Image’ have been saved already. //
import arnold
// Successfully imported python module ‘arnold’
import mtoa
// Successfully imported python module ‘mtoa’
import mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer;mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer.registerArnoldRenderer()
Maya 2018 importing module pymel 1.0.10 (/Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/Maya.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymel/init.py)
// Successfully registered renderer ‘arnold’
// Warning: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2018/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 35: Loading plug-in “mtoa” has resulted in changes to the scene that may need to be saved. //
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.5.8 (built Dec 24 2015 17:46:02)
updateRendererUI;
updateRendererUI;
file -f -options “v=0;p=17;f=0” -ignoreVersion -typ “mayaAscii” -o “/Volumes/G-DRIVE CHUPACABRA/00 LEAD PROJECTS/00 Brands/Coffee-Mate/Jobs/CM_Joel_Wordguessing/02 POST PRODUCTION/01 PROJECT FILES/MAYA/JOEL_Model/Joel_Rig_Ref_v01.ma”;addRecentFile("/Volumes/G-DRIVE CHUPACABRA/00 LEAD PROJECTS/00 Brands/Coffee-Mate/Jobs/CM_Joel_Wordguessing/02 POST PRODUCTION/01 PROJECT FILES/MAYA/JOEL_Model/Joel_Rig_Ref_v01.ma", “mayaAscii”);
closeAllNodeEditors;
closeHypershade;

Error: file: /Volumes/G-DRIVE CHUPACABRA/00 LEAD PROJECTS/00 Brands/Coffee-Mate/Jobs/CM_Joel_Wordguessing/02 POST PRODUCTION/01 PROJECT FILES/MAYA/JOEL_Model/Joel_Rig_Ref_v01.ma line 9: RuntimeError: file line 1: Plug-in, “redshift4maya”, was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.

updateRenderOverride;

Error: file: /Volumes/G-DRIVE CHUPACABRA/00 LEAD PROJECTS/00 Brands/Coffee-Mate/Jobs/CM_Joel_Wordguessing/02 POST PRODUCTION/01 PROJECT FILES/MAYA/JOEL_Model/Joel_Rig_Ref_v01.ma line 12: RuntimeError: file line 1: Plug-in, “ngSkinTools”, was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH.

// File read in 2.9 seconds.
// File read in 2.9 seconds.
Loading synoptic tab of biped

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/Users/Shared/Autodesk/modules/maya/2018/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/init.py”, line 221, in updateTabs

synoptic_tab = getattr(module, “SynopticTab”)()

File “/Users/Shared/Autodesk/modules/maya/2018/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/biped/init.py”, line 30, in init

super(SynopticTab, self).init(self, parent)

File “/Users/Shared/Autodesk/modules/maya/2018/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/init.py”, line 46, in init

klass.connectMaya()

File “/Users/Shared/Autodesk/modules/maya/2018/scripts/mgear/maya/synoptic/tabs/init.py”, line 90, in connectMaya

gui = OpenMayaUI.MQtUtil.fullName(ptr)

TypeError: Expected argument of type long

Error: Synoptic tab: %s Loading fail biped

Expected argument of type long #

Cool thanks for giving more info.

Sorry I don’t know about this. Was the rig rigged in mGear 2.6? If it was rigged in a newer version of mGear, you might need to upgrade to a newer version of mGear for the synoptic to work. But I have no idea about that. That is just me guessing! (Our pipeline TD did all our synoptic stuff. I just didn’t want to leave you hanging without an answer.)

That makes sense. They might be using the newest version, which isn’t available for Mac, which is our platform. We’ll have to find a workaround.

Thanks for your time, Chris!

Yeah but you can try using 3.0.5. It’s the version I use on Mac. And it is much more recent than 2.6. The solvers have not changed since then, but the synoptic might have changed.

Will try that! Thanks, man!

It worked!! Thanks so much!!:grinning:

1 Like

Hi,

A question similar to another user.

On a fresh install of mgear i get this error when i try to create a bipad template:

\scripts\mgear\core\utils.py line 223: Unable to create/find dependency node.

it gets stuck on 10% at “spine_C0”

am i doing something wrong?

—My status—

Maya 2019 education license ×
Maya 2018 education license ×

macOS Catalina 10.15.2

Thanks

PS:Tried all mGear 3.4.0~3.0.3

If you are on MacOS, maybe you are missing the mGear solvers?

And after you install those, you might have security restrictions because of MacOS Catalina quarantining plugins from the internet. You can fix that like this:

2 Likes

Thank you! solved.

PS:In my case, the following 2bundles seemed to be errored by MacOS (Catalina) ,now resolved!
・ Mgear_solvers.bundle
・ WeightDriver.bundle