Home Website Youtube GitHub

Channel Master does not reset values with Namespaces

Hey guys, how are you going!?
I hope everyone still good over there! :v:t6:

Maybe its something already fixed on newer versions, but I’ve just noticed it when describing to someone how to Reset Values to Default on Channel Master’s interface.

If we do it in a scene where Rigs are without Namespaces, it resets fine. Only when we have Namespaces present, the values doesn’t resets and the error below come out.

# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\Users\USER\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\animbits\channel_master_widgets.py", line 276, in reset_value_slot
#     cmu.reset_attribute(attr_config)
#   File "C:\Users\USER\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\animbits\channel_master_utils.py", line 143, in reset_attribute
#     obj = pm.PyNode(attr_config["ctl"])
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2020\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\general.py", line 2443, in __new__
#     raise _objectError(name)
# pymel.core.general.MayaNodeError: Maya Node does not exist (or is not unique):: u'faceUI_C0_ctl'

Everything else keeps working well, no crashes or anything, which its awesome!
So is a minor thing I guess.

Do you know any work-arounds for this?

Thanks in advance! :bowing_man:t6:

==========
Maya 2020.4
mGear 3.7.11

I can’t test the code today, and I’ve never used the Channel Master UI. But you could try this:

• If you enable the mGear Viewport Menu (checkbox in the menu), you can also right-click to reset controls. I think it runs the same command.
  • If you enable mGear hotkeys, I am pretty sure there is a hotkey command for resetting controls to. And it could be very convenient to set a hotkey to do this. (ctrl-shift-R is my personal choice.)

But… those might be running the same command. If they also don’t work for you, the problem might be with the final command, rather than with the Channel Master UI layer.

1 Like

Thank you Chris!

Resetting using mGear’s Viewport Menu worked, with and without Namespaces.

I didn’t tried it from hotkeys yet but I’m guessing it will work too. :v:t4:

Sorry for the late reply.
I have a ticket open to improve the channel master. I will check that when I do the ticket :slight_smile:
Thanks for the feedback

1 Like