I have been using mGear for a couple of weeks now and have experimented with creating my own modules to make slight changes to the existing components.
In creating copy of the quadruped hind leg module “leg_3jnt_01”, my program refuses to build any guide parented under that leg module. This means I cannot create a foot under the hind leg, as it does not build the rig.
Is there any fix for this problem? It only seems to occur with “leg_3jnt_01”, as I have made changes to multiple other modules with no problem.
- Create a copy of the “leg_3jnt_01” module in File Explorer and give it a new name
- Open the new “guide.py” file and edit the module “TYPE” name to match the new folder name
- Open Maya and the mGear “Shifter Guide” and draw the new “Hind Leg” guide
- Try to parent any other module under any guide from the “Hind Leg” module
- Build the rig and observe how the child module does not build.
As requested I’ve attached a sample module here. All I did was to copy the main “leg_3jnt_01” module (that does work correctly), now it draws in the scene but doesn’t build any children.
Here’s the link to the example module. You might need to request permission
Thank you in advance!