Home Website Youtube GitHub

Cvwrap print statement errors

Hi, I’m having same issue the menu not showing in maya2023 with pymel v.3.9.7 installed and the plugins loaded. Look like it erroring on cvwrap plugin:

# Error: invalid syntax
# # Traceback (most recent call last):
# #   File "<maya console>", line 1, in <module>
# #   File "C:\Users\external\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\cvwrap\menu.py", line 68
# #     print result
# #           ^
# # SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print(result)?
# Error: name 'cvwrap' is not defined
# # NameError: name 'cvwrap' is not defined

I’m not sure those two things are related. But yes, I can see in the latest release, cvwrap has a bad print statement.

I’ve opened an issue here. https://github.com/mgear-dev/mgear4/issues/205 I should just fix some of these smaller issues, but I’m still out of sync with the latest dev. Miquel, I’ll get back to helping soon.

In the meantime, you can open C:\Users\external\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\cvwrap\menu.py and go to line 68. Change “print result” to “print(result)”. And then restart Maya.

But that might not fix the missing mGear menu. That might be a totally separate issue.

Hi Chris, I tried that there’s more errors that come up for print:

# # SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print('Rebounded vertices')?
# Error: name 'cvwrap' is not defined
# # NameError: name 'cvwrap' is not defined

Tried unloading cvwrap but didn’t get the menu. Thanks for checking into it.

When you post code or errors, please surround with them with three backticks. ```

```
Code and errors here.
```

That error doesn’t include the file where it happened. So one would have to search for “Rebounded vertices” to find where that bug is.

But the error also says it can’t find the cvwrap plugin you unloaded. So I think unloading it isn’t an option for you.

I’m moving this into a new thread. This doesn’t seem related at all to the missing mgear menu. That’s a separate issue.