Home Website Youtube GitHub

EPIC Mannequin not building joints

The Epic Mannequin (z up) is not building all of the joints for some reason. Just the spine and neck. I tried with a fresh template in the same scene, and it also build the left arm. A fresh template in a new scene successfully builds the whole rig. I’m not sure what to do and I’d like not to lose all of the positions of the guides and shapes of the controls that I’ve worked on.

You might have clashing names. This has come up a few times. If the names clash, the joints don’t build correctly.

Can you show your guide naming scheme?

Example thread, but there are a few more. EPIC_neck with wrong joint names?

I saw that thread but it didn’t make any sense to me since I haven’t changed the naming of anything on the guide after generating it. For instance, both clavicles look like this with the “side” setting just being changed from left to right.

Similarly

And because I can’t do more than one embed per post.

Exporting my guide and reimporting it into a fresh scene seems to make the rig correctly? I’ll investigate further in a few hours.

Also show the “Naming Rules” on the top “guide” group.

Or compare yours to the template, and see if there is a difference. This is where the individual components inherit their naming rules from.

Hmm that appears to be it. Totally unsure how that changed as I don’t think I ever even opened that tab. Thanks.