Home Website Youtube GitHub

Epic Mannequin Template several problems and bugs

Hello I have been using Epic Mannequin Template for a long time. And over time, I have had a few questions.
I am using the latest version of mGear v.4.0.9 in Maya 2023

1. If you are using the default Mannequin Template, you may notice that in the neck controller the name of the root controller is spine_##. Because of this the neck division do not work.
    I am attaching a Gif(1)
    To solve this, write “neck_##” instead of “spine_##”.

2. The second problem is related to the possibility of retargeting mocaps. I know that if you use a non-default Biped Template, it will not work. In my case, I take Epic Mannequin and change Epic_control_name Root to Global. I remove Epic_control_IK because they don’t give the right component index to root сtl or prevent building at all. At the end I get Gif(2). Apparently the problem is in the naming.
    I could fix it if you told me where to make changes. Or maybe you are using other tools for retargeting. Suggestions would be appreciated as I am using simple constraints)

3. Rather than a problem, it’s a lack of opportunity.
    Epic_spine does not allow you to control the 3 division of the spine Gif(3) because of this animation is not as flexible. I can add Epic_spine_division=3 but it will already be different from the original epic sceleton. Maybe there is a way to fix it would be very grateful

1 Like

Okay, 3 the problem with “Epic_spine” was solved quite easily with the “Post script”. At first I thought about changing the Init file of the EPIC_spine itself. But for some reason my mgear doesn’t work Reload component it raises Error:

reload : shifter_classic_components.arm_2jnt_01
reload : shifter_classic_components.arm_2jnt_02
reload : shifter_classic_components.arm_2jnt_03
reload : shifter_classic_components.arm_2jnt_04
reload : shifter_classic_components.arm_2jnt_freeTangents_01
reload : shifter_classic_components.arm_ms_2jnt_01
reload : shifter_classic_components.cable_01
Error: IndentationError: file C:\Users\David\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\core\utils.py line 163: unexpected indent

Although he updates the usual shifter_classic_guides , but not the EPIC :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @DavidPusher I have logged as in github: