Home Website Youtube GitHub

"Fatal Error" with animBot loaded

Hi,
I just noticed that creating 2 guide components in a row, while having animBot loaded, gives a “Fatal error” in Maya 2018.
Unloading animBot fixes the problem :grinning:

maybe this is something to do how my Maya .env or directories are setup, but just wanted to let you guys know of this situation.

mgearerror3

Hi @Gui thanks for the heads up here.
I know in the past we had issue with animbot in the studio with one of the beta versions. As far I know the issue was fixed, but in some point was breaking all the Qt bindings. Not only mGear but all our pipeline tools.

I will keep an eye on this.

Are you using the latest version of Animbot?

Thanks,
Miquel

In the Tech Artists Online Slack, some people were just talking about how animBot breaks a bunch of stuff in all sorts of pipelines! :anguished:

@Miquel, Yes latest version. If I’m not mistaken it’s version 1.1.18

@Gui Thanks I will check at the office today

Hi @Gui, did you ever get AnimBot working with mGear? Or solve why it was happening?

(If a fix ever happened in the release notes, I missed it.)

Does anyone else have trouble with mGear + AnimBot?

I think I have crash problems if I have animBot loaded (or even the animBot node on the outliner), while skinning with ngSkinTools.

EDIT:
I just tried it again and I still have the same problem I mentioned in the first post! I think I was just so used to unloading animBot before editing my guides that never happened again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh ok! So it was more of a rigging issue. I’m hoping it will work for animators though. Thanks!

Yep, whenever I’m animating, usually with a referenced rig, it runs smoothly - I cannot pin point any of the Maya crashes to animBot and mGear conflict .

1 Like