Home Website Youtube GitHub

Guide Naming rules question

Hello everyone!

This is my first post so I hope to explain myself.

I was working on some characters in which we have to adjust the indices of the controls and bones for the needs of the project.

I am using the Naming Rules section, and for the index part, I would need to be able to have 3 digits.

Evidently this is a test and if we have an index of more than two digits in the controls because we are not going to be able to maintain 3 digits.

I can not find any way to indicate that the index is generated based on “000” for example.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Ignacio_Santalla
I think it is not possible with the current implementation. But I have log it here to add it in the future

Soounds good Miquel!

Many thanks as always! :smile:

Hey @Miquel and team !

A question again regarding the naming. Do you know where can I find the libraries used to rename the controls and joints with the naming rules system? Or is this part compiled in SDK?

Thanks!!

Hi @Ignacio_Santalla I’m sure someone will get back to you with a specific location. But in the meantime, the only part of mGear that is compiled are the plugins for the solvers.

Every part of the Shifter build process is just open Python code. The first place I always begin searching for rig build related stuff is under mgear_X.X.X/release/scripts/mgear/shifter/

Maybe under __init__ or component or guide. Sorry I don’t have a specific answer for you.

Many thanks @chrislesage !

Yes I found it under mgear_X.X.X/release/scripts/mgear/shifter/

I will try these files, thanks!

Thanks again!

1 Like