Home Website Youtube GitHub

How to have a single IK arm control

Hello everyone

Being new to Mgear, I would like to know if there is a way to have a single ik arm control instead of having the cube for translation and the sphere for rotation.

My objective being to have only the sphere which can move the arm in translation and rotation

All you need to do is turn off this option, and the ik controller will affect both translation and rotation.

3 Likes

Oh thanks! I have to delete my entire rig to update it suddenly?

Yes, you have to rebuild the rig when you make changes to the guide.

Or you are free to manually edit your rig. But then you lose the ability to quickly iterate and rebuild. Delete → Edit Guide → Rebuild is the iterative loop that makes Shifter rigs great.

2 Likes

I have one last question, I changed my hand controller in my rig to manage the rotation and the translation on the same CTRL, its rotation axis is “broken” and it allows me no rotation in 3 directions and the only axis that “works” is defective

That wasn’t a question. :slight_smile:

What do you mean broken or defective? You’ll have to show or demonstrate what you mean.

Maybe he wants to make the rotation of the controller zeroed out.

@Omenie you can check this thread if the issue was the same as yours.

The base position of the rotate axis it the same axe of the bones.
When i make a rotation on the Z axis nothing happens and the rotation X and Y axis do not rotate as expectid ( not on their rotation axis). The same problem is on the guide even after a correction on the axis .

Set your rotation mode to “Gimbal”. Maybe you are in gimbal lock. I have no idea why.

Sorry, I don’t understand your description very well. Maybe you can share a scene file and someone can take a look.

Ok here’s the scene

You have your fingers parented under the roll/twist joint of the forearm.

In your guide, parent meta_L0_root underneath arm_L0_eff instead of arm_L0_wrist.

1 Like