Home Website Youtube GitHub

I am totally lost in this eyebrow module

Step by step I am learning the basics.
Now a question arises about the eyebrows module.

I am in need of a step by step guide or tutorial on how to use the eyebrows module.
Maya2020.4
Mgear 3.7.11

Item 1,2,3 are controls created from the component list of mgear Control_01?
Point 4 I guess is the character head guide, and I don’t know what point 5 and 6 are, what kind of controls are they? Are they also components created with Control_01?

I am totally lost in this eyebrow module.
Any base scene that you can share with me may be useful too.
Greetings and thanks.

Some progress I am getting… the symmetry option is not working for me in my case. L,C,R does generate the controls but apparently they are not quite complete.
What advice do you recommend in these cases?

Please be aware that this tool will disapear in the next mGear version

1 Like

Good to know, but is there a substitute or is there no longer a way to create eyebrows, eyelids and mouths?

I use chain_stack_01 for the eyebrows and it turned out well in the animation.
I also add a regular control_01 between the eyebrows and connect them to the initial eyebrow controls, so that I get a fine interpolation between them.

3 Likes

What a good idea, can you show me how you connect it,
I think I understand you do it in the following way…

chain_stack_01 for the eyebrows and this component you connect it to a regular control_01 and this last one to the initial eyebrow controls.

Can you post a little video? it would be a great help.

Hello @dg3duy

Sorry for delay

I regularly inside guide put brows and brows bridge inside the neck.
There is no mutual connection at this stage!

After building the rig, I just parent constrain bridge cns (group) to brow_L0_tweak0_ctl and brow_R0_tweak0_ctl

I use a brow bridge if I need it; maybe you don’t need it, in which case you don’t put any control between the eyebrows.

If you need more, ask!

2 Likes

I loved how you explained it! Now I understand how you use it, thank you very much! :hugs:

1 Like