Home Website Youtube GitHub

Leg_2jnt_01, leg_2jnt_02, or EPIC_leg_01 ERROR on Build

When I try to Build From Selection the leg_2jnt_01 the leg_2jnt_02 or the EPIC_leg_01 I get an error telling me that “The attribute ‘leg_C0_tws2_loc.scaleX’ is locked or connected and cannot be modified.”. This happens for Left, Right, or Center option as well. I have tested building the other legs and I do not have any issues. I will paste the full error log below. Any help on this would be great! I am using mGear version: 4.0.9 – Maya Version: 2023.3 – OS is Windows 10 …This kills the entire build process and causes it to stop.

Step by Step:

1: Draw Component leg_2jnt_01 or leg_2jnt_02 or EPIC_leg_01
2: Press Build From Selection

# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\Users\tkeebler\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\guide_manager.py", line 64, in build_from_selection
#     rg.buildFromSelection()
#   File "C:\Users\tkeebler\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\__init__.py", line 236, in buildFromSelection
#     self.build()
#   File "C:\Users\tkeebler\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\__init__.py", line 270, in build
#     self.processComponents()
#   File "C:\Users\tkeebler\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\__init__.py", line 500, in processComponents
#     comp.stepMethods[i]()
#   File "C:\Users\tkeebler\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\shifter\component\__init__.py", line 164, in step_02
#     self.addOperators()
#   File "C:\Users/tkeebler/Documents/maya/modules/scripts/mgear/shifter_classic_components\leg_2jnt_01\__init__.py", line 597, in addOperators
#     self.tws2_loc.setAttr("sx", .001)
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\nodetypes.py", line 749, in setAttr
#     return general.setAttr("%s.%s" % (self, attr), *args, **kwargs)
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\general.py", line 623, in setAttr
#     cmds.setAttr(attr, *args, **kwargs)
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py", line 217, in setAttr_wrapped
#     res = new_cmd(*new_args, **new_kwargs)
# RuntimeError: setAttr: The attribute 'leg_C0_tws2_loc.scaleX' is locked or connected and cannot be modified.

is it a custom guide? or just opening the default biped will cause this issue?

@Miquel anywhere that those components get built, the issue happens. whether its in a template biped or if I drag n drop/add the component into the viewport.

I can’t reproduce this. (I’m only testing 2023.0, so maybe that’s a difference.)

• I’m wondering if you have any old rig parts in your scene. Does this happen in a totally fresh scene too?
  • What do you select when you run Build From Selection? (I tried a few different things, guide, leg, sub-component of leg, and I can’t make it fail in this way.)
  • Can you show a screenshot of your guide / rig in the Outliner? Maybe we can spot a clue.

@chrislesage This does happen in a fresh scene/fresh maya session everytime. When I Build From Selection, I tried all the methods you mentioned above and it fails on all attempts. Ill attach a screenshot for you.

Hi, I have the same bug in Maya 2022.3

Error: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py line 217: setAttr: The attribute ‘leg_L0_tws2_loc.scaleX’ is locked or connected and cannot be modified. #

I’ve tried version 4.0.9 and the previous version 4.0.7… Both have the same bug which stops the build process and gives this error.
Every guide that has leg…01\02\epic gives this error.

could you help please, how can I solve this problem?

All default template guides do not work because of this bug, but when I delete legs it starts to work without any problems.