Home Website Youtube GitHub

Lip/Eye rigger skip every other vertex?

Hello again,
Before I start digging around the source, is it possible to assign a joint to every other vertex around the main edge loop of the eye or mouth? As opposed to a joint for ever vertex.
I’m exporting for a mobile game and thus trying to cut bones wherever I can. I could always recalculate the procedural weights to a smaller number of bones, but of course if I could do it during creation it would be much better.

Thanks,
-Lucas

Hi @Lucas_Brown,

Is not posible to configure that option. But provably is easy to update the tool to do it. But for the moment I am not planning to add more options.

However if you feel you can do it, we are happy to have more help :slight_smile:

hi lucas,
i can provide the mouth component that miquel wrote for softimage gear_mc. i ported it to maya…
it has only 12 ctl for upper and lower lips…
the only thing is that it has to be build for itsself alone, means as a mouth guide with a ui-controller…then reparent the builded mouth to your builded rig…

(if it is build with the rig hierarchy then the ctls have no curve shape…couldnt find out why…)

2 Likes

Ah yes this would be really helpful!
I’m realizing I want to specify the number of joints, rather than how many spans to skip. I want to be agnostic to the number of spans around the mouth.

here you go…
http://www.soulcage-department.de/mouth_02.zip

“mouth_02”-folder goes to …/shifter/components/
applyop.py goes to …scripts/mgear/maya/

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll be sure to share my additions to the code if I get something good working.