Home Website Youtube GitHub

Lips_rigger can't create curves

Hey there! I’m following the facial rigging workshop with some help from the folks on the unofficial Discord to handle what changed between then and now, but now I’ve ran into a bug with the lips rigger. When I set everything up, it gives me this error:

# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\Users\Solomai\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\facial_rigger\lips_rigger.py", line 1107, in build_rig
#     rig(**lib.get_settings_from_widget(self))
#   File "C:\Users\Solomai\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\facial_rigger\lips_rigger.py", line 171, in rig
#     parent=lipsCrv_root)
#   File "C:\Users\Solomai\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\core\curve.py", line 185, in createCuveFromEdges
#     crv = addCurve(parent, name, centersOrdered, degree=degree)
#   File "C:\Users\Solomai\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\core\curve.py", line 82, in addCurve
#     node = pm.curve(n=name, d=degree, p=points)
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\modeling.py", line 188, in curve
#     res = _curve(*args, **kwargs)
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\pymel\core\modeling.py", line 26, in curve
#     res = _general.PyNode(cmds.curve(*args, **kwargs))
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py", line 217, in curve_wrapped
#     res = new_cmd(*new_args, **new_kwargs)
# RuntimeError: Need at least (degree + 1) control vertices to create a curve span

Above is my selected loop and top and bottom vertices. I also tried various setups to no avail.

My setup is Maya 2022, with mGear 3.0.7 and the content has been modified with the latest unreleased version over on github (it didn’t work on 3.0.7 so… why not :p)

Any idea what’s happening?

Hi welcome to the forum,

You just need to select the top and bottom vertices from the same edgeloop. And that should work.

2 Likes

Indeed it does. That makes sense now that I think about it. Thank you!