Home Website Youtube GitHub

Maya 2024 Looks Promising. Will mGear be available for it like previous versions?

Thanks! Found them but now getting this error when I try to load mgera solvers in maya plugins:

// Error: file: /usr/autodesk/maya2024/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: Unable to dynamically load : /media/Storage/Library/mayalnx/modules/platforms/2024/linux/x64/plug-ins/mgear_solvers.so
// /media/Storage/Library/mayalnx/modules/platforms/2024/linux/x64/plug-ins/mgear_solvers.so: invalid ELF header
// Error: file: /usr/autodesk/maya2024/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 316: /media/Storage/Library/mayalnx/modules/platforms/2024/linux/x64/plug-ins/mgear_solvers.so: invalid ELF header (mgear_solvers)

EDIT: nevre mind all works fine, downloaded complete release folder from dev branch and replaced everything and it works now.

Hope I’m not being off topic here but thought I might be able to re-use this thread to post about an issue I’m having with Maya 2024 and mgear. It installs fine and works great, but it disappears every time I close down Maya. The only way I get it to work again is drag-dropping the installer, hitting uninstall and install again and then it appears in the menu. The other odd thing is I don’t see anything related to mgear in the plug-in menu.
Perhaps I’m doing something really wrong, but curious if there is perhaps an easy fix for this.

EDIT: I solved the problem by using the latest version of Mgear and not 4.0.9, thanks

Hi
I’ve tried all the steps above and can’t seem to load mGear.
I also replaced the ‘maya 2024 solvers’
Running:

import pymel.core
# pymel.core : Updating pymel with pre-loaded plugins: mayaHIK, invertShape, curveWarp, hairPhysicalShader, etc.

getenv “MAYA_MODULE_PATH”;
// Result: C:/mgear_4.0.9/release;“C:/mgear_4.0.9”;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2024/modules;C:/Users/mands/Documents/maya/2024/modules;C:/Users/mands/Documents/maya/modules;C:/Program Files/Common Files/Autodesk Shared/Modules/maya/2024

import mgear
#Error: ModuleNotFoundError: file line 1: No module named ‘mgear’

It seems to open rigs, but the menus are missing.

Did you try the latest version and not 4.0.9?

mGear 4.1 release will be available soon. Meanwhile, you can get the latest hotfix release with support for Maya 2024 in the Tag release section in GitHub:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your swift response! Using the latest version under the tag release section like you suggested fixed it for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes