Home Website Youtube GitHub

mGear not showing in Maya 2023

I just got this same issue. It seems like Pymel says the menu exists already on startup but then fails to delete it because it doesnt exist.

I didnt have any time to find a proper solution but the workaround for me was to change mgear/menu.py and put this block in a try except.

1 Like

This solved issue for me.

Recently updated to 2023.3 from 2020, getting the same menu issue with 4.0.9 on some machines.

Mgear is being loaded, but menu is not added.

Another workaround was running the mGear_menu_loader() function that comes with mGear userSetup.py

Hi guys. I have the same issue and tried everything you have been posting. Nothing works for me yet and maybe Iā€™m doing something wrongā€¦Could someone share all the steps to solve it

2 Likes

Hi, same problem here.

Windows 10
Maya 2023
PyMel 3 installed with Maya
MGear 4.0.22

Script Editor shows this error:
// Error: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py line 217: deleteUI: Object ā€˜mGearā€™ not found.

Tried the suggestions above but no menu showing up.
Thanks

Forgot my specs, sorry

Windows 11
Maya 2023
PyMel 3 installed with Maya too
MGear 4.0.9
Same script error:
// Error: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2023\Python\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py line 217: deleteUI: Object ā€˜mGearā€™ not found.

I have activated the components on plug-in manager but the mgear menu is still missing

Any help?

Hi, I am having the same issue with Maya 2023. mGear 4.0.9 and pymel 3 are correctly installed (no errors when running import mgear or import pymel.core. Solvers seem to be installed as rigs are working, but the menu does not show up :frowning: Btw, I installed it with the drag_n_drop installer. Does it make a difference to install it manually?
If there is no solution to have the menu show up at the beginning, would there be any Python command to run in order to get the menu as a pop up at least?
Thanks a lot!

Hi Jim.
Try install pymel from terminal.
Go to maya2023/bin/ folder.

and run this:
.\mayapy.exe -m pip install ā€œpymel>=1.2.,<1.3.ā€

Before run this line you should mgear installed normally.

looks like there is an issue with pymel.1.3.1

More information here:

1 Like

For anyone who isnā€™t getting any errors when running:
import mgear
import pymel.core
You might have multiple userSetup.py files that is causing conflicts when starting up maya.
I had a userSetup.py file in C:\Users\Me\Documents\maya\modules\scripts as well as in
C:\Users\Me\Documents\maya\2023\scripts. The userSetup.py in 2023/scripts didnā€™t have the mgear stuff in it and was overriding the one in the maya/modules/scripts folder so I just copied the text from the one in modules/scripts to the 2023 version and it worked. Iā€™m assuming if I update mgear or any other plugins that are loaded with the userSetup.py file Iā€™ll need to make sure the file doesnā€™t get wiped of the other plugins that are in there.

Hey my mgear plugin is not installing even though I have installed pymel and python 3 and also I checked it when I import the file into Maya desk and try to install it itā€™s says successfully installed and you need to restart but when I restart I could not see mgear plugin also I checked plugin manager I could not see mgear plugin then I tried this method I copied the mgear folder and paste it into documents Maya 2024 scripts folder but I did found mgear yet also what will I do