Home Website Youtube GitHub

mGear Viewport Menu resets the rotarte order always to xyz

Hi, I love the mgear Viewport Menu. But I think there is one small problem: it resets the rotation order always to xyz. F.i. my “arm_L0_fk0_ctl” has xzy by default. But the reset function switches it to xyz.

I’m not saying it’s a Viewport menu bug, because rotateOrder is not an editable attribute. But from the animators point of view, the reset doesn’t work properly. (And there’s no point in setting .ro to any value, because it always resets to xyz.)

(Btw. It also doesn’t reset attributes that are not keyable).

I`m using mGear 4.0.9 with Maya 2020.

1 Like

oh yeah I just noticed that too… That’s pretty annoying…

I’ve already tried our command change_default_value and I got the error below. The attribute rotateOrder isn’t a dynamic attribute. so it seems like we can’t change the default value on the rotate order…

Error: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\Python37\lib\site-packages\pymel\internal\pmcmds.py line 217: 'rotateOrder' is not a dynamic attribute of node 'arm_L0_fk1_ctl'.

I will work on the issue to make a custom rotateOrder attribute to store a default value in a controller in all modules. And that as a result, the value of the attribute will remain constant.

Hi Animators,

I have just finished creating a custom rotate order to store a default value in a controller for all shifter modules. It will be fixed once @Miquel checks and merges this pull request :grinning:

Thanks,

Made a custom attribute for rotateOrder to store a default value in a controller. #328 by joji2468ng · Pull Request #338 · mgear-dev/mgear4 (github.com)

1 Like

This issue was resolved in the latest version 4.2.0.

2 Likes