Home Website Youtube GitHub

Nurbs Sphere not correctly Export Skin pack

Hello. While working with the Rig, I noticed that the top of my Nurbs Sphere stays in the world space. That is, all vertaxes except the upper ones are attached to the bone. I don’t understand what this has to do with it. Importing the weight in the usual nurbsPlane does not give out such a bug. I tried both format in ASKII and in Binary the result is the same. I also tried to make a custom nurb without the center but the result is the same. Maybe this problem is just me. Just try to create nurbsSphere and bind to the bone and then export/import scin pack

2 Likes

Hi welcome, and thanks for the report. What version of mGear? What version of Maya?

I can reproduce this in Maya 2022, mGear 4.0.9 and 4.0.3. I cannot reproduce this in Maya 2020 in any version of mGear.

At first, I suspected it was if you had nurbs history on the object before skinning. But it happens on any nurbsSphere, as far as I’ve tested so far.

My guess is that something changed in maya.OpenMaya in Maya 2022, and the way to get the index of a nurbsSurface has changed in some way. core/skin.py will have to be adjusted to accommodate Maya 2022’s OpenMaya changes.

Hi, sorry I forgot. Version: maya 2023, mGear 4.0.9. Yes it bug happens with all nurbs figures except for plane.
If anyone has a similar problem, simply specify the desired vertexs manually with “cmds.skinPercent”.
I had one bone so there were no problems

I have created a ticket, I will check this ASAP

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like