Home Website Youtube GitHub

RBF Manager - error doesn't allow to update poses

Hi,
Does anyone know what could be causing this?

When ‘Importing RBF’ there’s no issue. Other then that Driven section looks empty (not sure should it load all of the RBF or not, but they still work and rotate as pose of a driver change.

I’m using RBF to drive multiple ‘chain_01’ components.

When i ‘Select RBF Setup’ I get below error:

# Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\Users\Bravo\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 1202, in displayRBFSetupInfo
 #     self.recreateDrivenTabs(self.allSetupsInfo[rbfSelection])
 #   File "C:\Users\Bravo\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 1163, in recreateDrivenTabs
 #     rbfNodes = sorted(rbfNodes)
 # TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'RBFNode' and 'RBFNode'

Trying to edit driven’s position don’t zero out rotations and gives following error:

# Traceback (most recent call last):
 #   File "C:\Users\Bravo\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 786, in editPose
 #     drivenTableWidget = getattr(drivenWidget, "tableWidget")
 # AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tableWidget'

I’m running Windows 11, Maya 2022.2 and mGear 4.0.3. Epic Mannequin, but RBFs are on chain_01 component.

Not sure did I missed a step or what could be causing this.
Cheers.

I will need to research this error, never see it before.
Can you reproduce it? or was just one time? I meant if you try to do it again will happen again?

This problem started on a pose 7. I have 16 Driven controllers (4x ‘chain_01’, each with 4 sections). When I export RBF, delete it all and import it back the problem persist.

I will try to do the set up from scratch this week.

1 Like

Gave it another go, still can’t figure it out unfortunately.

Maya file here if it helps:

No RBF driven not displaying.

When I ‘Select RBF Setup’:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Users\Bravo\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 1202, in displayRBFSetupInfo
     self.recreateDrivenTabs(self.allSetupsInfo[rbfSelection])
   File "C:\Users\Bravo\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 1163, in recreateDrivenTabs
     rbfNodes = sorted(rbfNodes)
 TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'RBFNode' and 'RBFNode'

When I try to select ‘Pose’ my driver and driven go to that pose but I get this error:

Pose cannot be applied to the following attributes: 
['leg_L0_fk0_ctl', 'scaleZ', 'scaleY']

When I try to delete a pose (pose doesn’t get deleted):

File "C:\Users\Bravo\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 763, in deletePose
     drivenTableWidget = getattr(drivenWidget, "tableWidget")
 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tableWidget'

When I try to edit a pose:

File "C:\Users\Bravo\Documents\maya\modules\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 786, in editPose
     drivenTableWidget = getattr(drivenWidget, "tableWidget")
 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'tableWidget'

I see. From time to time the rbf configuration gets corrupted, not often but it happens. :sweat:

Not sure what is it as it seam happening every time , even if I start from scratch. Mirroring doesn’t seam to give good results either.

Might start editing exported rbf to create all needed poses. Might work for now.

I am sorry to hear that. I will try to find time to check your sample scene ASAP

No worries Miquel, you’re doing great job with mGear. It could be some error I did with the setup, after all what are the chances I would get brand new problem :sweat_smile: .

Thanks, for keeping this on your list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

I am having the same error of Adam “TypeError: ‘<’ not supported between instances of ‘RBFNode’ and ‘RBFNode’”

I think I have my setup clean, only a few simple poses to be triggered and this setup mirrored (left and right side —but it happened to me with only one side—). This error seems to be something about reloading the RBF Manager once you closed it because the first time you are working on it, it works fine and your WD nodes don’t disappear in the bottom tab. It’s courious because the WD are still there, if you try to add previous control added pressing ‘New RBF’ a warning message appears and says something like ‘Weight Driver already added’.

At least is what I have could guess.

Hope someone can throw something of light about this weirdness issue.

Good job done with mGear Miquel, and obviously to the entire team and the community we have!

Regards,
David

1 Like

I have the same problem. The nodes disappear. And it happens really easily, you simply restart a saved scene. Or import. Should I mention that you should never click on Refresh? It seems like anything you do with this tool it ends up with a corrupted RBF setup. Sometimes I can reimport and it goes back to normal, sometimes I reimport and it’s just as broken. I work simply and cleanly. The tool is just a complete mess. Nodes that disappear are not even my biggest problem. The real problem is sometimes I can’t get even get a single controller to interpolate cleanly and correctly. Set pose 0 at 0, pose 1 at mid range, pose 2 at extreme… and watch how RBF fails to interpolate simply between the poses, it will go smoothly between 0 and 1 maybe, and then it pops suddenly into pose 2. So on.

i have experienced also an issue with the driven nodes dissapearing from the rbf UI