Website Youtube GitHub

mGear Framework Forum

RBF Solver Mirror Setup?

I’m currently using the method Miquel demonstrated using the RBF solver for deformation joints. Is there a way to mirror that setup over? Currently when I use mirror setup in the RBF solver it doesn’t do anything.

Hello @mberrouet

• Please make sure that your RBF setup name follows mGears naming convention so that the mirroring is possible.
  • You need to make sure as well that the controls that drive your setup have the mirroring attributes that shifter components have so that mirroring does actually something accurate to your rig.

Please let me know if this helps you. If it isn’t the case maybe providing a scene would help (if you can).
Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks Jerome I’ll give it a try

So, I tried having the names the same and the setup still did not mirror. The deformation setup I am using is the one Miquel recently did, adding a Blended Joint and a Support Joint to get elbow deformations. Seems like the system doesn’t recognize the broken hierarchy when creating blended joints and support joints. How can I send you a scene file? Thanks

@mberrouet I am afraid that the mirror doesn’t work yet on joints.
If you need to use mirror, just use control_01 for your gimmick joints. After you can hide the controls shapes. So the animator don’t animate it.

1 Like

Appreciate the tip thanks, Miquel

Hello everyone
I got this error when using the rbf mirror setup.

// mGear.flex : Adding isCtl attribute on control_R0_driven // 
// mGear.flex : Adding uiHost attribute on control_R0_driven // 
// Error: root : Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\maya\scripts\mgear_3.4.0\scripts\mgear\rigbits\rbf_manager_ui.py", line 1513, in mirrorSetup
    dstValues[0]))
  File "C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\maya\scripts\mgear_3.4.0\scripts\mgear\core\anim_utils.py", line 1085, in calculateMirrorData
    "val": srcNode.attr(attrName).get() * inv})
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: 'NoneType' and 'int' // 

Check the driven controls after an error occurs and find that the “.RBF_Multiplier” property value is 0, and setting the “.RBF_Multiplier” property to 1 will work fine

I tested the biped guide provided by mgear and the guide defined by myself, both have this error.

Tested on mGear 3.4.0, Maya 2018.4.

I did not find related problems and solutions after searching the relevant rbf feedback on the forum.

1 Like

@fury_Night Thanks for the feedback. I have found the same issue this week. I have logged it here https://github.com/mgear-dev/rigbits/issues/48 and will fix it ASAP

And as you have found the mirror is set correctly but only the RBF_multiplier property is left to 0

hello @Miquel
I seem to have resolved the error, I queried the ‘isCtl’ and ‘uiHost’ attributes in the return value of the res in the listAttrForMirror function in anim_utils.py.
I simply added two lines of code, saved and tested the rig asset with errors before, and it successfully mirrored.

2 Likes

Thanks @fury_Night I will check your solution ASAP :slight_smile: