Home Website Youtube GitHub

Workshop: Facial Data-centric Rigging

my recommendation to start with Python

If you create a new account with Udemy you can get 88% off
https://www.udemy.com/course/python-for-maya/

NOTE: Udemy is a tricky place is always offering this 6hr flash offer. :stuck_out_tongue: If you can see it delete the cookies or use incognito tab y Chrome :wink:

2 Likes

Just a little heads up on the workshop status.

I am working to finish the facial blendshapes for the model before continuing the recording. It is taking longer than expected but is not stoped by any means.

I hope to publish new videos in 1 or 2 weeks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello @Miquel !

I have a question about the process to connect the proportions_setup to my main body rig which is generated from the biped template.

Hereā€™s my current steps :

1. I built a standard biped human rig from the template.

2. I built the face setup in a local rig as shown in your videos, moving the mouth_C0_root guide from the biped rig to the local setup.

3. In the proportions_setup group I skinned my headbend, ears, nose, lipup, liplow, etcā€¦ joints on a duplicate of the head geometry as you did. I connected it via a blendshape to the main head geo.

4. Because my current controllers still in local ā€˜spaceā€™ and in order to use them in my main biped rig I created some ghost controls for each face_C0_root controls (headbend, ears, nose, lipup, liplow, etcā€¦) and attached them to the biped rig under the neck_C0_head_ctl.

5. It mostly worked but because of the ghost controls I lost the behaviour of the lips and teeth that previously followed the jaw via a specific group hierarchyā€¦

I have no ideas on how to connect the lips/teeth cleanly without breaking any connections. Could you show me some hints ?

p.s: I donā€™t know if I should create a new topic for that, youā€™ll tell me :slight_smile:

Hello @Augu

There are different ways to make everything consistent and attach to the final rigs. I will be assembling everything towards the end of the workshop.
I am sorry that is taking longer to advance the workshop since I am very busy with other projects at the studio

I wish I have more time to reply to your question properly. For the moment I can share this as a little hint of one of the solutions :wink: and that you not always need ghost controls :wink:

applyop.gear_mulmatrix_op(
            self.offset_ref.attr("worldInverseMatrix[0]"),
            self.face_offset_jnt.attr("parentInverseMatrix[0]"),
            self.face_offset_jnt)

Yes Please, that would be very helpful for the community. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

yes please we need more game rigging tutorials and how we can do non human face rig setup

1 Like

To be honest the proportions and mouth part show all the basics and I was able to iterate upon it to create eyes, brows and other custom steps so no worries ! :grimacing:

Thereā€™s just this problem with the lips not following the jaw that drives me crazy haha :pensive:

So this function connects 2 objects through matrices ? To which objects offset_ref and face_offset_jnt refers to ? The jaw_jnt and ghost control ? You lost me here :fearful:

1 Like

hello everyone
i had some problem in my gost file im some editing but i cant solved
how to getting again just gost file please please

Do you have the data from Gumroad? you can download it again.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Data Centric Face help