Home Website Youtube GitHub

Regression in Manipulation Performance

Hi there - I was able to reproduce the laggy issue with the mGear file in released versions of Maya. This was fixed last week and I just tested it in that version and the lagginess has been resolved.

Jerome - did you log something? Did you do it through Maya?
Thanks! Catherine

2 Likes

Hello @catherinemcginnis
Welcome to the forum. In which version you say that this was working?

Hi Jerome - thanks - it’s fixed in our latest cut - so it’s not yet released.
Sorry - meant to mention I work in Autodesk QA.
Do you have access to the beta site?

2 Likes

Ha that makes more sens to me now :yum:.
Yes @Miquel and I are part of the Beta and have access to the PR releases but I did not check this on the latest one. Great to hear that this has been addressed. You can probably close the BSPR-35419 that I logged mentioning this.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @catherinemcginnis! Thanks for sharing the information here! :slight_smile:

Hey there - no problem :slight_smile:

Just an fyi - the beta with this fix hasn’t been released yet, so it’s in the next (116) one which should be out fairly soon. Feel free to test away. I tested Sven as well and he seemed to be ok as well.
Take good care! Catherine

5 Likes

Cool to see Autodesk QA getting out in the community userbase.

1 Like

So which would be the safe move here, stay in 2020.1 till this is fixed?

Stay in 2020.0 launch version or older until update 3 hopefully.

1 Like

We are still in 2019, but willing to move forward. I don’t know if 2020.0 would be the right move because I remember there was some serious bug fixing in Maya with 2020.1. I don’t know we’ll wait a little bit longer though. Hopefully 2020.5 is around the corner and (that would be great) also python3 support.

Good news this has been fixed on 2020.3 (haven’t tested myself so don’t shoot me :smiley: )

5 Likes

Wow that’s a massive improvement for me!

It does work great here with 2020.3

1 Like

Awesome, its finally fixed

I am glad they fixed it. Where in the change log do they reference it? is it referred to as something different?
@Jerome

I think is this one: EM manipulation not working when some channels do not have keys MAYA-105404

Hello! first time poster here so I guess I’ll at least start by saying hi! eheh I’ve been using mGear for a little over a month now, I think the tool is doing wonder, I’m first of all an animator and by no means a coder, but so far I’ve been having a really fun time learning everything and setting up my project.

I’m currently on Maya 2020.3 and I still am experiencing hardcore performance issues like the one mentioned in the posts above. Do we have a hint at something that could cause a drop in performance post 2020.3

Parallel with EM State set to Ready. Currently on Maya 2020.3 - mGear version 3.6.0

Apologies if you need more informations, I’ll gladly post everything needed to help debunk this :slight_smile:

Hello @fredG
welcome to the forum!

do you have redshift3D installed?

can you profile the rig with the profiler tool?

Hello Miquel,
Thanks for the quick reply. I do not have redshift3D installed. Is it a necessary tool I missed to consider in mGear’s installation?

Thanks,

no, no! Redshift is a renderer like Arnold. But add some stuff to the scene and makes the rig evaluation very slow.

About the performance drop, is hard to tell without more data.
Can you profile the rig? send sample data? or create a video to show the issue?

Cheers,
Miq